Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"Lighten Up, Francis."




Recently had a little paintball excursion with some of the boys from work -- my first such foray into that activity. It was, I must say, a great deal of fun. And, appropriately, that was the focus of it: fun.


I did have the misfortune of witnessing a few members of other parties on that lovely June morning, persons who took themselves far too seriously. Like they were freakin' G.I. Joe or somethin', for the love of Pete! Like they thought they were the Patton of the North Woods.


Tell you what, Billy Bo Bob Badass: If you really take it all that seriously and have such delusions of grandeur, there is a great place that you might want to check into; it's called the United States Army. I'm sure that they'd be glad to have you.


Otherwise, in the immortal words of Sargeant Hulka in Stripes: "Lighten up, Francis."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how it went down...you tried to rally troops and do some kind of "maneuver" and no one listened, so you slipped silently into the woods...alone. Then you painted up your face Rambo-style and began sharpening sticks for your pungee pit. At the end of the day they probably found you holed up in some lean-to like Col. Kurtz mumbling something about a maggot on a razor blade. And you call this fun!? Just kidding, I've gotta get my paintball man shower lined up. Glad you had fun!

Fatherhead said...

The horror. The horror!